Tierra Overseas is manufacturer and exporter of high quality neem oil in India. Neem oil is a botanical extract from the fruits and seeds of neem (Azadirachta indica), an evergreen tree which is endemic to the Indian subcontinent and has been introduced to many other areas in the tropics. It is the most important among the commercially available products of neem for farming.
Neem oil varies in color; it can be golden yellow, yellowish brown, reddish brown, dark brown, greenish brown or bright red. It has a rather strong odor that is said to combine the odours of peanut and garlic. It is composed mainly of triglycerides and contains many tri terpenoid compounds, which are responsible for the bitter taste. It is hydrophobic in nature; in order to emulsify it in water for application purposes, it must be formulated with appropriate surfactants.
Neem Oil Extraction method
The oil can be obtained through pressing (crushing) of the seed kernel both through cold pressing or through a process incorporating temperature controls 40 to 50* C. Neem seed oil can also be obtained by solvent extraction of the neem seed, fruit, oil, cake or kernel. In India neem oil is majorly extracted from the remain of the seed cake using hexane. This solvent-extracted oil is of a lower quality as compared to the cold pressed oil.Eco Friendly
Neem Oil benefits in Agriculture
- Extremely safe to mammals, human beings, animals, natural parasites, predators, non target insects, fishes, birds, etc.
- Classified as Class – IV, low hazardous (green label) pesticide. No phytotoxicity and exempted from residue analysis.
- Disturbs mating and sexual communication and discourages female for laying eggs. It acts as Repellent, Antifeedant, Oviposition deterrent and Molting inhibitor.
- Highly effective against Aphids, Jassids, White Files, Beetles, Caterpillars, Cutworms, Shoot and Fruit Borers including Bollworms, caterpillars, beetles, moths and other insects.
- Neem acts as anti-feedants. Several insects of Orthoptera family (grasshoppers, crickets, katydids etc) don’t feed on plants treated with neem oil for days to weeks.
- Neem products are very effective in controlling thrips larvae found in soil.
- Recommended for Millets, Oilseeds, Fruits & Vegetables, Coconut, Oil palm, Cotton, Chilly, Lime, Tea, Banana, Flowers, Spices, Contiments, Herbs, Perinnial trees.